Sunday, May 29, 2011

29 May 2011 - Garden and Patio

This week I was able to finish the garden wall and fill in the top soil.  Joanne wasted no time in buying and planting a variety of vegetables.
We also filled in the area around the hose with gravel to make mowing easier and to improve drainage.
Aunt Jennifer came on Thursday.  After a day of mowing, trimming hauling gravel and pouring cement under sunny skies, a Popsicle in the shade of a tree was in order.
I had five tons of pea gravel delivered this week and used it to prepare the area under the deck to pour the rest of the patio.  As with the area around the hose, this is going to make mowing a lot easier.
 On Friday I poured and stamped a new section of patio.  It's going to take me a while to finish, but the patio should be nice when I'm done.
 The patio's first section against the house is now done.  Time to move to the next section.

1 comment:

  1. looks fantastic! thats hard work! Kathy

    ReplyDelete