Monday, July 19, 2010

18 July 2010 - Cabinet Doors and Visitors

So if you've been following my blog very long, you know that about three and a half years ago, I started working on finishing our basement. You probably then also know that I got some shelves, my media room, a bathroom and a small utility closet done just before August of 2007, when I was called to be bishop of my ward. Then, for a long time, nothing happened.

Following that, you may have noticed this past Christmas, when I posted pictures of finishing the kitchenette as my gift to Joanne, wrapping up the last major unfinished part of the basement, that had sat with bare concrete and walls for more than two years. That project left just a few unfinished items in the basement. The biggest one was that the entertainment center cabinets I built for the media room never had any doors on them. So this week, I decided to finally get around to making the doors. I only needed three, and I've had the materials literally for several years, waiting for me to make them. Here they are in their infancy.Joanne decided that they needed to be two-tone paint, so this is one with the center panel painted and masked.
Here is the door drying after the second tone paint was applied to the outer frame, but still masked.
The first door installed to the left of the movie screen. It takes some getting used to, because I've been looking at the cubby hole with plastic kids bowling pins in it for years. Now I can't see them any more.
The right cabinet is larger and required double doors. The first one is installed here.Now with both. Around the time I was mounting the doors, Grandma Fails came from Utah for a visit.Saturday afternoon we were invited to go swimming at the Bergmann's house (they're in our ward). We played a lot of basketball in the pool. Grandma came and swam with us.
On Saturday, I officiated a wedding for the son of our high priest group leader. It was at his sister's house in the country just outside Washington, PA. This was the sunset from the lawn where we did the wedding. It rained hard the day of the wedding, and we were delayed, but eventually it cleared up and the sun came out.
While I was at the wedding, Joanne was at the airport fetching Aunt Jennifer. The girls have been keeping Jennifer and Grandma busy playing games, including Twister.

No comments:

Post a Comment