Wednesday, July 14, 2010

11 July 2010 - Back Home

On Monday, we had a birthday party at my mom and dad's house before it was time for me to head for home. Cameron decided to try on my sandals.Instead of cake, we had Mississippi Mud, and Meghan was very happy about it.
On the road home, I covered 1,037 miles on Tuesday, from Sandy, UT to just outside Kansas City, MO. I slept in the back of my truck and departed at 6:30 the next morning, covering 924 miles and arriving home at about 7:30 pm. When I was on my way out to Utah, I had bought a Land Cruiser brush guard from a guy near Kansas City. I brought it home and put it on Joanne's car. No more bent bumpers from crashing into snow banks for us!
On Saturday, I officiated a funeral for a member of my ward, Francis Stewart. She was 88 years old and suffered from stomach cancer, so it was a blessing for her to go, even though it is hard to lose a good and faithful member and friend. In the evening, we attended a graduation party for one of the priests in our ward. We played badminton.
The girls also had a lot of fun with many of the other kids who came to the party.
With Joanne home from a week away, of course there had to be fresh flowers in the house.
It's nice to be home and settling back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment