Friday, July 9, 2010

27 June 2010 - Yard Sale and Preparing to Leave

With the girls out of school for a week or so, they were starting to get bored and a little stir crazy, so I took them into Pittsburgh to play at SportsWorks at the Carnegie Science Center. Madeline is working on the life-sized Operation game here.Jessica's always game to do the rock climbing wall. I even did it this time.
Emily waited in line for over an hour to get to jump on the bungee trampoline.
On Saturday, we had advertised a yard sale. Joanne and the girls had worked for several weeks to clean out bedrooms, basement and garage storage. On Friday evening, we walked around the neighborhood putting up signs to help direct people to our sale.We had mixed results on Saturday. We made a little money and got rid of a bunch of stuff, but by noon when the sale ended, we still took my truck, full from front to back and top to bottom, plus most of the back of Joanne's car, to Goodwill to unload the unsold items from our yard sale.I had planned to leave for my trip to Utah on Saturday, so after the yard sale and the trip to Goodwill, I loaded up my truck and headed west. That evening, I stopped at the Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati and took in a game between the Reds and the Cleveland Indians. It was very hot and humid, but the game was enjoyable.
After the game, I headed west into Indiana, but only got a little past Indianapolis before I got too sleepy to drive. I had prepared a bed in the back of my truck, so I pulled into a little rest area and went to sleep for the night. Next week's post will detail the bulk of my trip west.

No comments:

Post a Comment