Friday, February 6, 2009

1 February 2009 - Miami

I had to go to Miami for some meetings for a couple of days. I was looking forward to sunny Florida weather, and it was nice when I got there Thursday afternoon, but soon turned gray, rainy and almost cold. I went for a run on Friday afternoon, and took this picture of the downtown area from a high arching bridge on the bay.This sculpture was at a playground downtown. I thought my kids might enjoy seeing it. Better yet, they'd enjoy playing on it.

I took this picture out my hotel window. The drawbridge had a bell which rang each time it was going to open up, so I got to hear it a good bit in the evenings, and even a couple of times in the middle of the night.
Since my hotel was in the downtown area, I wasn't able to see Miami Beach. During my run on Friday, I tried to run to Miami Beach, but found there was no sidewalk on the causeway between the mainland and the sliver of island where the beach is. So I had to settle for this lame, man-made "beach" on the downtown waterfront.I had a good trip overall and met some cool people. It was also good to get back home and see my girls again.

Matt