Friday, November 25, 2011

13 November 2011 - School Activities

This week was occupied by children and their various learning activities.  Madeline got a crystal growing set for her last birthday and this week she decided to grow some salt crystals.  We had a close-up, but it was very fuzzy so I decided to use this photo.

Meanwhile, Emily had to make an ecosystem diorama.  Thank goodness for the Africa Playmobil.

Both girls had Meet Me at Music at school this week.  Their school has started doing this instead of a big assembly, and I actually like it.  I always dreaded going and sitting for two hours (or more) and listening to a bunch of tone-deaf kids I don't care about yelling songs at me, just so I could hear my own kids sing for five minutes.  By inviting parents into the smaller music classes, we get to interact with our own kids, for a longer period of time, and still get in and out in less than an hour.  I didn't get a picture of Madeline's Turkey Tango, but here's Emily singing the Turkey Boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment