Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3 October 2010 - General Conference

I'm sure there are people in the world who *don't* love general conference, but I'm not one of them. For me, it's a highlight every time. I especially like it when my former mission president, Claudio Costa, is invited to speak.

Unfortunately, I missed part of the last session on Sunday, because I had to do a funeral in West Virginia. It was for the spouse of a member of my ward. He was only 36 years old, but died from severe complications from alcoholism. The funeral was in Fairmont, WV. I had never been then, and being the edu-geek that I am, I took a few minutes to drive around the campus of Fairmont State University after the funeral before driving home. Here is the plaque at the campus entrance.

This gate marks the south entrance of the fairly small campus.
This is the one-room school house where the University began operations in 1865. It has been renovated and preserved.
The campus administration building.

No comments:

Post a Comment