Tuesday, October 7, 2008

4 October 2008 - Savannah

Every October I attend the annual conference of the International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS). This year it was in Savannah. This is a picture taken out my hotel window. The ship on the river is a lot bigger than it actually looks in the pic, it was just a ways away. Savannah is a true colonial city, having received its first settlers from Europe in 1733, led by General James Oglethorpe. There are tons of old houses and churches. I took this picture of a very old street, which is paved with oyster shells in cement.
This is the side of the County Courthouse. It's really old, I can't remember how old, but it's pretty cool, and has the carved stone architecture you'd expect from the European settlers.
This sign was just outside the hotel's door.
This is a view from the hotel balcony across the Savannah River toward the Wyndham Hotel.

The girls did great while I was gone, but we were happy to get back together when I got home late Saturday night. Next week it'll be my turn, while Joanne goes to a national fitness conference in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Take care,

Matt