Friday, May 13, 2016

24 April 2016 -Emily's Birthday, Dancing and Graduation

Emily turned 14 this week! Time to celebrate with a (root)beer.

The ever-popular birthday gift: the latest edition of Just Dance.

Mmmmm...chocolate.


This week I volunteered to help with a walk-a-thon. It was a pretty hot day, and Madeline got a bit sweaty.

Later in the week, she demonstrated a more desirable skills (for her). Her ballroom dance team had a year-end event.

They even got to dress up and show off a little bit. She's really enjoying ballroom.

At the end, they chose a partner from the audience to teach them one of their dances. Emily is learning some of the dances from Madeline.

On Saturday, we attended a sustainable gardening class from a fellow professor from my department, who is also a Master Gardener through Utah State University extension. It got Joanne excited to start getting a garden ready at our house. Madeline mostly enjoy my colleague's dog.

This weekend we also had graduation at UVU. It was a different experience for me, being my first time at a University graduation, as opposed to the small colleges where I've taught previously. It was still an excellent program and I was able to see a number of my students graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment