Wednesday, March 20, 2013

17 March 2013 - More Preparations

Several years ago, Joanne went to Seattle to see her friend Maren for spring break, and while she was gone, I surprised her by putting tile in the master bathroom.  Unfortunately, I did a poor job, and the floor in the master bath has not really looked very good since.  Several of the tiles cracked and the grout never looked nice.  After looking at ways to fix it, Joanne helped me understand that we needed to tear it up and redo it.  Then she helped me do the work.

Madeline brought home an excellent painting of a horse from school this week.

Joanne's art is of a different sort.  She's been working hard on this 'biscuit quilt'.  She just finished and it looks awesome.

Last week I started feeling like we shouldn't put off our house hunting trip to Idaho.  I had planned to go in May, but I just knew we shouldn't wait.  I could bore you with the details, but I'll just say that everything came together very quickly for us to be able to go this weekend.We originally made an offer on a different house but due to a mistake, we changed and have made an offer on this house.  We have not heard back as to whether or not our offer is accepted.  We will know by the end of the week.  If it is, we close in mid-May and I'll be moving our stuff out to Idaho before we leave for Argentina.

No comments:

Post a Comment