Tuesday, February 1, 2011

9 January 2011 - New Year

Following a fun-filled trip to Florida for Christmas, it was time to get back to routine this week. The kids went back to school. On the weekend, Joanne took the girls to see 'Tangled' (the Rapunzel movie), and Madeline spent the next several days tying every scarf she could find in the house together and then trying the train to her hair, so she could be Rapunzel.Unfortunately for Weebie (her stuffed shark), her Rapunzel hair was good at tying him by the tail and sending him over the stair railing in our entry way.
This week was also pivotal professionally. I hadn't said much previously, but around Thanksgiving time, I had been asked to interview for a job as a graduate program director in the University System of Maryland (University College). Over the Christmas break I received an offer, and this week, we decided I would accept it. We attended the temple in Columbus and I spent much time studying and contemplating the decision, and ultimately, we decided to move to Maryland. The arrangement was that I would work 3-4 days in Maryland and 1-2 days from Washington, PA through the spring semester, and during that time, we'd find a place to move. I scheduled to attended benefits orientation on January 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment