Monday, June 20, 2016

19 June 2016 - Father's Day, and a Special Experience

This week my old friend Luis Andrade came to visit me at my house. Luis and I were mission companions in Rio Branco more than 22 years ago. We worked very hard, had wonderful success, and became lifelong friends. Luis has since served twice as a bishop and until recently served as stake president in Sao Paulo. He is here in Utah to be trained and set apart as president of the Brazil Londrina mission. To my right are Luis's wife and daughter.


On Thursday, Luis invited me to join him at church headquarters where I was privileged and honored to join as Elders Jeffrey R. Holland and Ulises Soares set him apart as a mission president. I know I look goofy in this picture, the sun was extremely bright and I had just taken off my sunglasses for the photo.

After a wonderful and spiritual experience that I will never forget, I took this photo of the Salt Lake temple as I walked across Temple Square back to my car.

On Friday evening the girls had a pre-camp overnighter up Hobble Creek Canyon in Springville. Our whole family attended.

The theme was Unity. Joanne is the Laurel advisor and this is her unity activity. Each of the girls got a balloon and they had to work together to walk around the camp without dropping their balloon -- no hands.

On Sunday morning, the girls got up early and made me Father's Day breakfast.

Bacon-wrapped quiche....mmmmm.

A Father's Day spread fit for a king.

Daddy with his girls for Father's Day breakfast. (I know I look pretty bad in this pic, I woke up with cold for Father's Day).

As if grand breakfast wasn't enough, when I got home after church, there were ribs and potatoes waiting for me. These girls know me, and love me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete