Tuesday, October 13, 2015

11 October 2015 - Florida Conference

This week I had my annual conference. This year it was held in Clearwater Beach, FL. Joanne was able to come with me. We'd never been there before, but found it to be very nice. Although most of the time I was at the conference, we did have time on Wednesday to do a little touring. We went snorkeling at Egmont Key, an island about 20 minutes by boat from St. Petersburg. There were millions of shells all along the beach.

Egmont Key was a military installation before World War II. This is Joanne in front of the lighthouse, which still operates today. The island was very cool, and the snorkeling (around a fort that has been flooded and surrounded by water) was not bad either. Joanne saw a ray and a small shark, and there were lots of fish to swim with. I saw a very large crab.

On the island, Joanne shot this footage of a tortoise we found, attacking grass.

Back on the mainland, we enjoyed seafood lunch while watching this pelican enjoy his seafood lunch.

Here's me on top of Fort DeSoto, just across from Egmont Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment