Sunday, September 20, 2015

30 August 2015 - Work and Park City

After a four months of living between jobs, I finally started my new job at Utah Valley University this week. It's a much different school than the little trade school I used to go to for merit badge camp. The campus is beautiful, and this fall UVU became the largest university in the state by number of full time students.

A shot of UVU president Matt Holland, speaking to us at faculty convocation.

On Saturday, Grandma gave us tickets to the Utah Olympic Park. Emily, Jessica and I headed up to watch the ski jumpers while Madeline stayed in Utah County for a primary class party.

This picture is worth clicking on. The top of the rock climbing platform at the far end of the landing pool is 55 feet high. The ski jumpers routinely jumped nearly as high as the platform while doing all kinds of crazy flips.

After Park City, the girls and I decided to sample UVU's new indoor rock climbing gym. It is very large, and is one of the tallest indoor gyms I've ever climbed in. Emily is in the pink shirt in this photo.

House update: Our house has walls! It's finally coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment