Wednesday, May 28, 2014

25 May 2014 - Garden and Graduation II

The church orchard has started to have apricots and peaches coming onto the trees, and they tend to come on so heavy that they have to be thinned.  We went out on Tuesday to work in the trees and although a thunderstorm threatened, we didn't get rained on and even got to enjoy a double rainbow.

We finished preparing the garden and got some stuff planted.  I do the prep work and Joanne does the planting.  The weedblock was my doing -- I wanted to minimize weeding if I could.

Joanne has tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, and I think there's some more.  Hopefully I can post a photo in about a month showing off some lovely produce.

On Friday, Eric's son Parker graduated from Columbia High School in Nampa.  This is actually a photo of him receiving his diploma, but you can't much tell from the angle and distance I was at.

Here's a little closer shot after the ceremony.  Joanne made him a little graduation gift with chocolate and origami figurines made out of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment