Monday, March 10, 2014

23 February 2014 - Winter Olympics Inspirations

OK, so you can call me cheesy, or the highly suggestible type or whatever, but every two years when the Olympics roll around, I'm hooked.  I'm a total sucker, and I'm particularly fond of the Winter games.  So you all know we've been going skiing a lot this winter, but I'm still including a couple of photos anyway.  Here Jessica took a wreck on a black diamond run.  It's hard to see, but one of her skis is propped up in the bushes.  She was OK.

We lost Madeline on one of our runs, and her emotions were a little close to the surface after we found her.  We let her ride the lift with mommy, and she rested her helmet on Joanne's shoulder for comfort.

In harmony with the Olympic theme, I found out that there is actually a Boise Curling club.  I've actually developed quite an interest in the "activity" (not sport), so I signed us up for an experience curling night.  Here's Joanne in full slide.

Emily took a toss here...SVEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Here's Madeline with a slide.  It's a lot harder than they make it look on TV.  Emily is a mad sweeper!

We decided not to try playing hockey and just went to watch instead.  Boise has an ECHL minor league team -- the Idaho Steelheads.  They play in the same league as the Utah Grizzlies, which I used to go watch all the time.  I found a game when the Grizzlies were in town and took the girls for a night out. At first I wasn't sure who I'd cheer for, but I wasn't there long before my old Grizzlies allegiances came back, so I was happy when Utah won in a shootout.

No comments:

Post a Comment