Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2 February 2014 - Madeline has...

OK, so my title says Madeline has something, but I'm going to make you read (or at least scroll) to the bottom to find out.  Saturday we took to the slopes again, for the first time without the girls in ski school, from which they graduated last week.


The high clouds in the photo above quickly dissipated, yielding to the gloriously sunny day seen below.  This was a welcome break from the inversion we've been enduring in the valley (which you can see forming a flat horizon below the mountain peaks).  I love the mountains and I thank God for them.

On Friday evening we went our for Mexican food (we still haven't tried all the options in Caldwell) then went to a C of I basketball game against Concordia University.  It was an intense game, with C of I pulling out the win in the final seconds of the game.

While in Canada last summer, we developed a taste for Beaver Tails, which are basically an oval shaped scone covered in sweet decadence.  I don't make these often, but we do enjoy them when I do.

And now for the climactic finish.  Madeline has...

...and she can see much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment