Monday, October 14, 2013

13 October 2013 - Cookies-n-climbing

While Jessica and Emily were at swim practice on Friday, Madeline and I went to watch one of my students who's on the C of I women's soccer team.  Alas, they gave up an early goal and ended up losing 1-0.

With Joanne in Utah for Jennifer's birthday, we decided to have an outing of our own on Saturday.  We went to the Black Cliffs southeast of Boise.  Here's Emily on the rappel rope.

Madeline disappearing over the edge of the cliff.

After some rappelling, we got into some climbing.  Here's Emily.  This climb turned out to be a little too difficult for all of us.

Madeline made really good progress despite her relatively shorter reach.

Jessica got the highest of all of us (including me), but the top of this particular route eluded us on Saturday.

If you were ever around the North's house when we we were kids, you probably know that sugar cookies were a tradition at Halloween (and Valentine's too).  I missed the old sugar cookie days so on Sunday after church, the girls and I made sugar cookies.

We always had pumpkins and ghosts when I was a kid, so those were a must, but the girls also found a bat in Joanne's stash of cookie cutters, so we had three.

Here's a close up of the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment