Wednesday, July 17, 2013

30 June 2013 - Last week in Santa Fe

Our last week in Argentina was wonderful, but it was hard to believe a month had gone by so fast.  We spent several days playing at the park.

Even though it was winter, we sampled some Argentine ice cream, which is excellent.

This rocket ship was at a park right near my office at the university.

On our final Thursday, the bishop and his wife had us over for pizza.  The little boy on my lap is their younger son Nicholas (they had two boys).  Nicholas and I were fast friends.

This is their older son Jeremias.  The bishop and Jeremias came over to our house for Sunday dinner to help us finish up the last of the food at the apartment.

Our family was asked to speak in sacrament meeting on our last Sunday in the ward.  Joanne gave her testimony and our family sang If the Savior Stood Beside Me (in English).  I was asked to speak on repentance.  Although my Spanish improved markedly in the month we were there, it still isn't all that great, so thank goodness for Google Translate.  The bishop told me that everyone could understand me, so I was grateful for that.  Here is my talk in English, and in Spanish.

We found this store down the street from our apartment.  The girls were appalled that anyone would name their store that.  They referred to it as "that one store".  I told them after my repentance talk that if you don't repent, you have to shop at that one store, and nowhere else, for the rest of your life.

Here are my colleagues at the university in Santa Fe.  From left to right they are Raul (networking professor), Joanne, me, Luciana (systems analysis and design professor), Milagros (programming professor), Horacio (department chair), and Horacio's wife Gabriela.  Horacio and Gabriela invited us over for an Argentine style barbecue on our last Saturday in Santa Fe.

No comments:

Post a Comment