Tuesday, June 11, 2013

26 May 2013 - A week in Idaho

After 35 hours of driving and nearly $1,300 in diesel fuel, I finally arrived in Idaho.  Don't worry, I spread the 35 hours out over three and a half days, and I listened all five sessions of General Conference from April 2012, October 2012, and April 2013.  It was marvelous.  My parents met me in Idaho, we got closed on the house, and the truck was unloaded by Tuesday night.  Aunt Kathy was a most excellent host, and Eric and Lara's family were wonderful helpers in getting the truck unpacked.

When we were too tired from unloading, we took a drive out to Parma.  This is the apartment I came home to after I was born, more than 40 years ago.  Mom and dad said it looks a little nicer now than it was then ;-)

We got Jessica's bedroom set up a little bit...

and Emily's...

and Madeline's.  There are of course plenty of boxes left to unload.

Joanne has many rose bushes to tend in the new yard, and they were already blooming and beautiful when I arrived.

Back in PA, the girls had entries in the school art show.  Here's Emily with her pipes.

Here's Madeline with her ceramic shark.

In the fall, Jessica will begin high school at Vallivue High.


Madeline will enter the 4th grade at East Canyon.

And Emily becomes a middle-schooler at Sage.

It was a week of hard work and a fair bit of emotion, but we are grateful to have the move largely behind us.  We will miss our Pennsylvania friends very much, but look forward to great things and time with family in Idaho.  By the end of the week, I was very tired and I was a little worried I'd killed my dad, but he was still driving when we went to the airport, so I guess he's no worse for the wear.  I flew home just in time to turn around and head to Columbus on Saturday.  There, we participated in the sealing of Lloyd and Lorraine Ealy.  This is a couple I have been working with literally for years to help them get ready for the blessings of the temple.  I was no longer bishop when they were finally sealed, but I was deeply grateful to have been there to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment