Saturday, June 25, 2011

26 June 2011 - Home from Utah

This week we wrapped up our trip to Utah.  On Sunday night we drove back to St. George to spend one last night at Angie and Darin's house.  On Monday morning we said goodbye again to Mikelle and Jake, who were the only two at home, and we headed back toward Las Vegas.  On our way out of town, we stopped at the temple for a photo op.

Since our flight back to Pennsylvania was at 6:45 am on Tuesday morning, we decided to spend our last day and night in Vegas.  We stayed at Vdara, a brand new smoke and gambling free tower at the Bellagio. We swam in the pool in the afternoon, then took a walk down the strip.  We kept quoting the Despicable Me lines about Gru stealing the Vegas replicas of the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower, so we had to stop for a quick photo.

That evening, we went to see Mystere, one of the Cirque du Soleil shows.

We stopped at the Bellagio fountains on the way back from the show, but then went straight to bed because we had to leave for the airport at 4 am.  We traveled all day Tuesday to get home.  The rest of the week was spent catching up on long neglected yard work and unpacking.  Joanne also had an idea to move all three girls into a single bedroom for the summer (if you're interested in why, you should ask her).  So after several hours of disassembling and reassembling beds, the girls are now all in one.

Fortunately we have bunk beds or this wouldn't have worked out.  We did manage to get all three beds and all three dressers into what used to be Jessica's bedroom.

I don't know if is was jet lag, fatigue, clumsiness or some combination of them, but on Thursday night I was going up the stairs to go to bed, and I took a bit of a tumble.  This is my wall of shame.  The round hole is where my head hit and the vertical crack to the right is where my arm hit.

Among my many projects I've now been working on patching up my wall of shame.  The white patch higher and to the left is where I fixed a nail pop in the wall -- I figured if I was going to be doing drywall and paint anyway, I might as well do the nail pop too.

While it's always hard to have fun times and vacations come to an end, it's also nice to be back in your own home as well.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the picture of your head and arm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, my head and arm were no worse for the wear. Wimpy walls.

    ReplyDelete