Friday, July 31, 2009

26 July 2009 - Chicago

On the Monday after we got home from Costa Rica, I finally got my motorcycle. Not wanting to go overboard, I bought a modest 1982 Suzuki 550. It's lived its whole life in a garage, so it's in great shape. We've had a lot of fun on it so far.

After having been home for four days from our Costa Rica trip, we decided we needed to hit the road again. Joanne's mom arrived on July 17th and stayed with the girls, allowing Joanne to accompany me on my trip to a University Curriculum Institute in Chicago. We both really like Chicago, so it was nice to have some time together there, particularly for Joanne's birthday.

She got some fantastic Mexican food at Navy Pier for her birthday.
And then the city of Chicago oput on a fireworks display over the water to celebrate with us.
On Friday evening, we went to a very tasty Brazilian churrascaria. This is my dessert -- awesome chocolate cake. We tried to go to a Cubs game on Saturday afternoon before our flight home, but alas, I should have gotten tickets much earlier in the year, it was sold out so we merely enjoyed the atmosphere of the ballpark area (at least I did), and ate some nachos.So that was our week in Chicago. Soon, Karl and Jolene will come to visit and our endless summer will continue! Sadly, I can already see the end of the endless summer on its way.

Best wishes for the rest of your summer.

Matt