Sunday, March 15, 2009

15 March 2009 - Week in Argentina

Buenos Aires has a pink house, but also, a replica Washington Monument. They call it the obelisk, it is a monument commemorating the 100 year anniversary of the city.
My favorite restaurant in Buenos Aires, both because of its name, and because of the $8 top sirloin.
A cool colonial era clipper ship -- now transformed into a maritime museum on the waterfront in Buenos Aires.
I took time out one evening to attend a football match -- River Plate v. Arsenal. Good fun.A look back at the city from a boat carrying me from Argentina to Uruguay. A welcome sign on my arrival for a day in Uruguay. Colonia is an 18th century settlement with cobblestone streets and European architecture, very cool. It was a nice day out before returning to the states.The flags of South America, near a beach in Colonia.I wasn't able to attend the temple while in Argentina, but I did get to see it. It is very near the airport, about 15 minutes outside the city.Overall, it was a great trip to South America. The conference was a success, I made several very good contacts while there and learned a lot. The sightseeing was an added bonus. Keep tuned next week, for pictures by Joanne from Mexico.

Matt