Thursday, August 28, 2008

24 August 2008 - Idlewild

Hi all,

We had a ton of fun this week. The weather turned blistering hot, the lawns burned up and the air conditioners cranked up, but we still had fun. We got the pool out and filled it with cold water from the hose to cool things down.We also took the girls to Idlewild Park, which is about an hour or so east of Washington, PA. Here's Madeline on the carousel, which was built in 1932.
It might be kind of hard to tell, but this is me with Emily and Jessica on the Log Ride.
We played hard at Idlewild and stayed until it closed at 9:30 PM. The girls were exhausted and slept in the car almost immediately. We took a day or two to recuperate. We think we'll definitely do it again next year.

On Saturday, we had another water-fun-cool-off event. The ward primary activity was water softball (you had to slip-n-slide from 3rd, to home). The kids were soaked and happy at the end of it. I was the chef-de-cuisine, grilling mini-burgers for all the kids.

After the primary activity, I went home and changed in to my suit so that I could go back to the church and officiate a wedding. It was the first one I've ever done, but I think it went off without a hitch. I'll get some more practice soon -- I've been asked to do another one on September 13th.

I guess that about catches you back up with us. It's back to school next week, so it's good we had some fun while we good -- nose to the grindstone soon enough.

Matt & family